Mountainside Weddings Military Wedding Giveaway:
Each year, Mountainside Weddings, a venue located in Whitefish, MT, graciously hosts a Military Wedding Giveaway. With a passion for giving back to those who have sacrificed so much for the betterment of our country. Cheers MT along with several of our vendors contributed to this all-expenses-paid wedding celebration for active duty/retired veterans!
Our United States Veterans and active duty service members have given us the security of our way of life. As Montanans and Americans, we will always support our military. We know there are some amazing couples out there who dream of an incredibly high-end wedding, and we are here to make that dream a reality. We believe in giving back and showing our appreciation to these American heroes for their service and sacrifices made for the rest of us.
Many local Montana wedding vendors (and proud Americans!) are putting together an exquisite outdoor wedding for one lucky military couple. This year will be the fourth year of throwing an amazing free military wedding. July is the most beautiful time of year in Montana, and we want to make sure that the couple gets the very best of what Montana has to offer. On Thursday, July 27th, 2023, we will host the most talked about event of the year in Whitefish, MT, at Mountainside Weddings – your wedding!Win A Montana Military Wedding // Mountainside Weddings
Marco and Jomilu were the beautiful couple chosen as winners of the 2022 Mountainside Weddings Military Wedding Giveaway. Here is their heartfelt story:
Their Love Story Begins:
Marco and Jomilu first met in 2010 in Killeen, TX. Marco being stationed in Fort Hood, TX, and her working at a local Walmart. Marco ended up on her register to pay for his items and he noticed her green eyes from a distance. Being a sucker for colored eyes, Marco could not resist but compliment her! Assuming that Jomilu heard this many times, he just walked away and carried on with his day.
Soon after, both Marco and Jomilu found themselves, after many failed attempts at dating, signing up for a popular dating app, Plenty of Fish. After not finding their person on this dating app, they each decided to give the app one more chance, and that was all they needed! Marco and Jomilu found each others profiles and assumed it would be another catfish, but in their search for love, proceeded to give it another go. Low and behold, Marco picked Jomilu up for their first date and it was really her on her profile! The rest is history and now the couple has been married for over 10 years, bring two beautiful children into the world.
Marco, just starting a new career as an Army Officer and now living with Jomilu, found out that they were expecting their first child together. With Jomilu, coming from a very religious background, they both knew that getting married needed to be their top priority. Marco sprung into action, had a custom shirt mad to propose to her after she arrived home from work, and well, she said yes! Within days they planned a weekend getaway to Las Vegas to make it official. A Saturday morning later, Elvis was marrying them in a little Vegas chapel. Not the Cinderella wedding Jomilu had hoped for, but Marco made a promise to one day give her the wedding of her dreams.
Wearing a beautiful lace gown with a sweetheart neckline from Mimi’s Bridal MT, a bridal shop located in downtown Kalispell, Jomilu looked absolutely breathtaking on her wedding day. With a natural bridal glam and loose waves styled by Lana Giesey Golinsky, Jomilu’s beautifully striking features took the main stage!
Wearing a classy navy blue suit, Marco was as dapper as can be for his dream Montana wedding! With a pastel peach tie, handkerchief, and boutonnière, Marco perfectly accented his beautiful bride on their big day.
The Bridal Party:
Surrounded by their closest friends, family, and loved ones, Marco and Jomilu spent their wedding day fully supported. Wearing shades ranging from blush to mauve, Jomilu’s bridesmaids looked beautiful at her side as she said her “I Dos”. Dressed in matching navy blue button ups, khaki pants, and suspenders, this couple’s boys stood at Marcos side as he read off his heartfelt vows!
Montana, Montana, Montana!! The scenery of the mountains and tall pine trees, paired with the rustic venue they had chosen was ideal as the location for their intimate wedding ceremony. With their favorite people in attendance, Marco and Jomilu shared an emotional vow exchange that had nearly everybody in tears. Speaking of vows, grab your tissues, you’ll need them when you read Marco’s vows to his beautiful wife:
Jomilu,Marco’s Vows to his wife Jomilu
I would like to start with a bible verse that represents everything my wife:
“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” –Proverbs 31:25
“Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.” –Proverbs 28
As I stand here and stare into your eyes, I can still see your pain as we both know it is all too fresh. Cancer has been our story for the last three years and well as we know Cancer will follow us for the rest of our lives. I know its your struggle, but I say “Ours” as I put that weight on my shoulders daily and forever. I made that promise to you 9 years ago, even with Elvis marrying us in that Vegas Chapel. “In sickness and in health” are just not words for me, I will fight right along with you until our last breath. This life has not been easy for both of us, as you and I have lost many loved ones along the way, but I have to say, that is what brought me closer to you. We share those pains together and we are able to raise each other’s spirits when life doesn’t go as planned.
I want to say THANK YOU. For coming to my side in my darkest of days. After losing my mother to Cancer and the PTSD I was living with, I did not want to live anymore. I had no purpose and no desire to move on. I lost my ANGEL that year in my MOTHER, but gained ONE that would replace EVERYTHING she was to me: my friend, my advisor, my counselor, my audience to laugh at my corny jokes, and most of all my FRIEND.
They say God works in mysterious ways. He sure did with you coming into my life. As I praised my mother for her strength and resilience for her life-long suffering, he brought me a woman who was just as tough as my mother or maybe even tougher and with the stubbornness to not allow life to knock her down. She prioritized her FAMILY first: from feeding us first, making us feel better when we were sick, maintaining a clean house for her family, working many jobs, and loving us first before she loved herself. You are just that, you put yourself last in everything, even when I say STOP and take a break, you go that extra mile to make sure we are taken care of and living well.
I might shed some tears today, but not because I am sad, but because I know if my mom was sitting out there in the audience she would have a big smile on her face and maybe some tears to know that I have made the right choice in YOU. And even though she never got a chance to meet you, I know what she would have told you, “Tu eres una mujer grandiosa, gracias por darle la felicidad que mi hijo se merece y por darme unos nietos tan hermosos como tu, y ahora me puedo ir en paz sabiendo que mi bebe esta en buenas manos”….translated in English “You’re a GREAT WOMAN, thank you for giving my son the happiness he deserves and giving me beautiful grandchildren like yourself, and now I can leave in peace knowing that my BABY is in good hands”
The details of Marco and Jomilu’s military wedding celebration were truly second to none. With services donated by an array of talented MT wedding vendors, here are just a few of the custom details that made their big day extra special:
- Florals // Designed by Alpine Designs MT, the centerpieces, ceremony accents, and handheld wedding bouquets boasted primarily pink blooms. Full of texture and color, the florals from their big day were oh-so dreamy. Passionate about providing wedding florals that reflect the unique connection between couples, Alpine Designs MT provides bouquets, boutonnieres, floral crowns, archways, and of course, beautiful centerpieces for weddings across our beautiful state.
- Custom Guestbook // Emma Mangum with Mangum Design Co. kindly designed a custom guest book for Marco and Jomilu’s big day. Her Signature Couple artwork transforms your favorite engagement or bridal photo into an illustration guest book, turning those signatures and messages from loved ones into a custom work of art for you to enjoy throughout your marriage!
- Custom Calligraphy Map // Mia Nicole Design Co., a Cheers MT Vendor, is a talented artist based here in Montana! Committed to turning adventures into memorable keepsakes, Mia Nicole Design specializes in hand-lettered maps and globes to give as unique gifts and décor for military, destination, or any adventure-inspired couples. For Marco and Jomilu’s wedding day, Mia hand-lettered a map stating “Strength, Family, Commitment”, which speaks volumes to this married couple.
- Live Wedding Painting // Passionate about creating magic on the wedding day, K Potter Fine Art is a live wedding painter that paints your big day as it unfolds. Wanting to share a little bit of that magic with Marco and Jomilu, Kay hand-painted a scene from their wedding day, capturing their military Montana wedding to reminisce on for a lifetime!
From their beautifully designed desserts from Bonjour Bakery & Bistro to their stunning décor provided by Celebrate Rentals and Empress Tents & Events, this couple’s wedding day could not have been more perfect. Captured in full by Cheers MT Premier Vendor, Kelly Kirksey Photographer, Marco and Jomilu will have the opportunity to fondly look back at their one-of-a-kind Montana wedding for the rest of their lives.
Congratulations on having the opportunity to host the Cinderella wedding you’ve always dreamed of, Marco & Jomilu. Cheers to the next 10+ years of your marriage!
- Photography // Kelly Kirksey Photographer, Cheers MT Premier Vendor
- Event Advertising/Donation // Cheers MT
- Videography // Whitefish Productions
- Live Wedding Painting // K Potter Fine Art, Cheers MT Premier Vendor
- Custom Calligraphy Map // Mia Nicole Design Co.
- Custom Guest Book // Mangum Design Co.
- Invitations/Stationery // Seventh & Anderson, Cheers MT Vendor
- Rentals // Celebrate Rentals, Empress Tents & Events
- Floral Design // Alpine Designs MT
- Desserts // Bonjour Bakery & Bistro
- Catering // The Kopper Kitchen
- Bar Catering // Mavericks Casino
- Gown // Mimi’s Bridal MT
- DJ Service // Destination DJ
- Beauty // Lana Giesey Golinsky
- Knife // Rucker Knives