The leaves are changing and the crisp autumn weather is a breath of fresh air after a hot Montana summer. Summer weddings in the Big Sky state are incredibly beautiful and offer a lot of versatility in terms of wedding themes & decor. This being said, we truly dream about the warm tones and earthy hues of fall all year long! As the seasons change, we are overjoyed with the opportunity for brides to curate dreamy weddings that are sure to wow their guests.
For our brides that are sure they want the autumn wedding of their dreams, but don’t know what color theme to go for, you’ve come to the right place! From vibrant warm-toned color palettes to earthy/desaturated hues, here are a few of our favorite wedding color palettes from the 2022 fall season:
If there is one thing we know for sure, it’s that any shade of pumpkin is oh-so-perfect for fall. Perfectly meshing with a variety of muted colors ranging from yellow to beige, orange is a lovely way to offer a cozy autumn feel that will liven up any event!
Photographed by Aurelia K Photography, a Cheers MT Vendor, Mr. & Mrs. Beigh hosted the loveliest autumn wedding at U Diamond Barn, in Helena, MT! This fun-loving couple paired bold orange tones with muted neutrals, and of course, a touch of greenery, making their wedding day fall-spirited, elegant, and bright!
- Photographer // Aurelia K Photography, Cheers MT Vendor
- Venue // U Diamond barn, Helena, MT
- Videographer // Dave Remmen Films, Cheers MT Vendor
- Dress: Madi Lane Bridal
- Bridesmaid // Azazie
Fall Mountain Haze
If you’ve been searching for a fall-inspired color palette that truly speaks to the beauty of this transitional season, we adore this dreamy combo we’ve named “Fall Mountain Haze”. When it comes to curating a wedding that you and your guests will always remember, incorporating bold colors is definitely the way to go! Rich jewel tones are perfect for any lovebirds who are looking to make an impression on their big day.
Photographed by Kelly Kirksey Photography, a Cheers MT Premier Vendor, Amy & Mikie paired a variety of muted neutrals with pops of jewel-toned blue & copper, ultimately creating a day that is both autumn-inspired and dramatic! From the bright bridesmaid gowns to the swoon-worthy florals, and the perfectly designed tablescapes, this colorful wedding was effortlessly elegant.
- Photographer // Kelly Kirksey Photography, Cheers MT Premier Vendor
- Wedding Planning // Big Day Celebrations, Cheers MT Vendor
- Venue // The Nest on Swan River
- Videographer // Skeeter Johnston Productions
- DJ // RMF Entertainment
- Florist // Forage & Floral
- Baker // Montana Wildflour, Cheers MT Vendor
- Hair & Makeup // Covet Beauty
- Caterer // The Kopper Kitchen
- Rentals // The Party Store, Empress Tents & Events
- Linen // BBJ Linen
When we think of the ultimate fall-inspired wedding color palette, orange, red, and pastel pink immediately come to mind! Sometimes used in boho summer weddings, these shades are highly versatile, and can easily be transitioned to fit the theme of an autumn wedding. With subtle shades of white and beige, paired with bolder rusty hues, this color palette makes for the most ethereal combination!
Photographed by Cheers MT Vendor, Autumn Faith Photography, and hosted at Camelot Ranch Event & Wedding Venue, this couple said their “I Dos” lakeside surrounded by the most romantic and autumnal color palette. The balance of rust, orange, and natural shades in this gorgeous Montana wedding offers a dreamy yet rustic feel!
- Photography // Autumn Faith Photography, Cheers MT Vendor
- Floral Design // Petali Floral, Cheers MT Vendor
- Venue // Camelot Ranch Event & Wedding Venue, Billings, MT
- Gown // Velvet Bride
We know that some of our brides want a neutral color palette, but love featuring a bold accent color to keep things interesting. If this sounds like you, make sure to take a peek at this stunning palette we’ve called “Autumn Skyline”. Adding a dash of blue to any typical autumn color palette will surely bring some magic to any crisp fall celebration!
With traditional fall shades of burnt orange and blush, this nontraditional styled shoot hosted at the Clydesdale Outpost in Whitefish, MT, planned and coordinated by SG Weddings & Events, featured beautiful shades of dusty blue & teal. Photographed by Cheers MT Vendor Haley J Photo, this beautiful day sported a free-spirited, western vibe that was oh-so-perfect for a Montana wedding. Don’t even get us started on this stunning floral design from Forage & Floral. We’re obsessed!
- Photography // Haley J Photo, Cheers MT Vendor
- Venue // Clydesdale Outpost, Whitefish, MT
- Planning // SG Weddings & Events, Cheers MT Vendor
- Floral, Centerpieces // Forage & Floral
- Rentals // Celebrate Rentals, Empress Tents & Events
- Videography // Justin Wirtalla
- Makeup // Mariah Sullivan at Honey Beauty, Cheers MT Vendor
- Hair // Kyndee Masters
- Catering @thekopperkitchen
- Stationery + Letterpress Design // Lichen & Pines Letterpress
- Dress // Rue De Seine Wedding Dresses, Rent the Dress
- Suit // J Scott Couture Bridal
Spiced Cinnamon Latte
There’s nothing cozier than snuggling up with a delicious warm latte in the fall. Why not host a wedding that conveys that same feeling? This wedding color palette, which we’ve called “Spiced Cinnamon Latte” is perfect for any bride who is searching for a way to make her big day warm & inviting!
If we could sum up the entire season in one word it would be cinnamon. The scent, the taste, the color—it’s all so decidedly autumnal. Whether you add the delicious hue as a pop or completely indulge in a fully fledged monochromatic theme, we can’t think of a better way to spice up a fall wedding color palette.Brides
With enamoring shades of brown, blush, green, and even pops of bright orange/copper, Lindsey and Christ hosted a beautiful wedding straight out of a woodland fairytale. With wooden accents and pops of metallic gold, this wedding-day theme is both rustic and sophisticated. Go ahead and cue the “oohhs” and “aahhs”!
- Photography // Brooke Stonely Photography, Cheers MT Vendor
Not sold on any of these autumn-inspired wedding color palettes? Check out 5 Beautiful Color Combos for Your 2021 Fall Wedding!