Your wedding day is bound to be one of the most exciting and memorable moments in your life. And choosing the right venue plays a major role in this setting. With a plethora of options available, from outdoor/indoor venues to your own home, it can be overwhelming to decide what is the right option. But don’t fret, because if you’re a young bride-to-be in Montana, this blog by Cheers MT has got you covered. We’ll cover everything you need to know about choosing the best venue and how to manage all the additional decisions that come with it!
Venue // Bohdi Farms, Photography // Mudshine Media
Things to Consider When Choosing a Wedding Venue
- Budget: First and foremost, you’ll need to decide how much you’re willing to spend on a venue, as reported by Ramsey Solutions. Remember that venues often ask for a reservation fee months before the wedding takes place, and this will be one of the first major wedding-related expenses. Additionally, along with the physical space, you’ll need to calculate the costs for decorations, catering, and entertainment. Some venues will offer a bundle package for all services, but if you have cheaper alternatives, you can inquire about that option as well.
- Indoor or Outdoor: Depending on your location, weather, and preference, you’ll need to decide whether to host the event indoors or outdoors. Either is great for small or large gatherings, but outdoor venues with great views make for the perfect wedding setting.
- Parking and Transportation: If you expect a lot of guests to attend your event, having ample parking space is paramount. Hence, inquire with the venue regarding accommodations for parking. For people who are traveling long distances, arrange pick-up and drop-off service at least from their accommodation.
- Close Proximity Accommodations: If you’re planning to host your wedding in a hotel/resort, then you don’t need to worry about this step. However, for destination venues, you’ll need to ensure there are accommodations nearby for your guests, which can include rentals or hotels.
Great Wedding Venues in Montana
One of the great things about Montana is that it has a range of unique and breathtaking venues to host a wedding. Here’s a short list of the amazing options at your disposal:
- Glacier National Park, Montana
- Ranch at Rock Creek
- The Barn at Finley Point
- Union Pacific Dining Lodge
- Madison Valley Ranch
- Averill’s Flathead lake Lodge
Photography // Dina Remi Photography, Venue // Averill’s Flathead Lake Lodge, Floral Design // The Rose Petal
Hosting Your Wedding at Home
For young brides looking for a more intimate setting, it doesn’t get better than hosting it at your home! In addition to saving a lot of money, you get complete freedom with regard to customization, decoration, and catering and reduce the burden of accommodation as well. Here are some basic steps you’ll need to take to organize your big day at home:
- Obtain Necessary Permits: Inquire with your local government on whether you require a permit to hold an event, especially if it is in your outdoor area.
- Hire Professionals: You’ll still need to hire professionals for key projects such as catering, decorations, photography, florists, and more. Contact a host of local services, receive quotes, and choose the ones that best fit your needs.
- Rent Furniture: Depending on the number of guests you’re expecting, rent the appropriate quantity of chairs, tables, and linens.
Additionally, if you’re planning to make home renovations such as adding a porch, renovating bedrooms, or extending your outdoor space, remember to keep track of all changes made and costs incurred for these projects. Such additions can increase your property’s value and receive a higher appraisal if you choose to move into a bigger home in the near future.
Hosting a wedding at a venue can provide a stunning backdrop, access to professional services, and the convenience of not having to worry about logistics. However, it can also be expensive and may have restrictions on personalization and customization. On the other hand, hosting a wedding at home can provide a more personalized and intimate experience, in addition to being cost-effective. But regardless of the option you choose, your wedding day is bound to be memorable!
Photography // Jessica Powell Photo, Floral Design // Dolce Floral & Events, Decor & Rentals // Mae and June Vintage Market, Catering // Savor & Graze MT